This week’s trivia challenge by Tia Langston, Endicott Library branch manager at Whitman County Library, tests your knowledge of animals, which are part of the library’s Summer Reading theme, Tails & Tales.
The Whitman County Library’s online trivia challenge takes place at 5:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month on its Facebook page.
1. Which mammal has the longest gestation period?
2. What is the color of a giraffe’s tongue?
3. Ancient Romans used this animal’s feces to dye their hair lighter.
4. What is someone who shoes horses called?
5. A baby puffin is called a what?
1. An elephant, which gestates up to 22 months.
2. It can appear black, dark blue or dark purple. The color is thought to protect the giraffe’s tongue from getting sunburned as it is often exposed while eating leaves.
3. Birds. They also used sulphur and quicklime to dye hair blond.
4. A farrier.
5. A puffling.