This weeks trivia challenge by Sarah Phelan-Blamires, public services librarian at the Whitman County Library in Colfax, tests your knowledge of famous couples, in honor of Februarys upcoming Valentines Day.
The Whitman County Librarys online trivia challenge takes place at 5:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month on its Facebook page.
- In what decade was the famous couple Bonnie and Clydes extraordinary crime spree?
- According to most theories, after Mark Antony killed himself with a sword, how did his lover, Cleopatra, commit suicide?
- In the film Casablanca, who were the actor and actress that played the unrequited lovers, Ilsa and Rick?
- Cupid, the chubby, arrow-shooting mascot of Valentines Day, is the son of what two gods?
- When Mughal Emperor Shah Jahans wife died in the 17th century, he commissioned the____________, now one of the seven wonders of the world, to commemorate her beauty and his undying love for her.
- The 1930s. Bonnie and Clyde committed a string of robberies and shoot-outs before being shot to death by Texas and Louisiana state police while on the run in a stolen car.
- Snake venom.
- Ingrid Bergman and Humphrey Bogart.
- Venus and Mars (Roman gods), aka Aphrodite and Ares (Greek gods). Cupid is called Eros in Greek mythology.
- Taj Mahal. Mumtaz Mahal died in her 30s, an empress and mother of 14 children.